Winning Criminal Defense for 18 Years Call for your Free Consultation 213-479-5322

Sealing and Destroying Juvenile Criminal Records in CA

If you were arrested as a juvenile, but not charged or charges were dismissed or you were found not guilty, then you can have your records sealed or destroyed at any time pursuant to Penal Code § 851.7.

If you were convicted of a crime as a juvenile then you can have your record sealed/destroyed after you turn 38. You can get the records sealed/destroyed if you have not been found guilty of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude as an adult, the court believes you have been rehabilitated and there is no civil action pending from your juvenile crimes. Unless, the crime of which you were convicted would be a serious or violent felony if you had been convicted as an adult.  These are ‘Three Strikes’ crimes covered under Welfare and Institutions Code § 707.

The petition for sealing and destroying is filed with the juvenile court in the county where you were convicted.  The court will set the case for hearing and grant your petition if you meet the criteria described above.

I have had significant experience in filing Petitions for Sealing and Destroying of Juvenile Records and conducting hearings. Give me a call and let me help you get your juvenile record sealed or destroyed.

Copyright 2015 The Law Firm of Edward J. Blum